Posted from the US
This is my first year at the COFES conference, which is a yearly Congress On The Future Of Engineering Software. The overall atmosphere is very laid back and collaborative, which is pretty amazing given that many of the participants are fierce competitors every other day of the year.
- Stephen Prusha and the future of "Team X" at JPL.
- Transformational Computing - and what this may mean for healthcare computing.
- Microsoft's vision of the year 2020 in computing - was simply awesome and very unMicrosoft and very Applesque in its awesomeness.
- A cool Australian researcher's populist use of webcams for very elegant and fluid face tracking and integration into control of 3d software + a great live demo that included a Quake like shootout.
- Bruce Branit's WorldBuilder.
Lots of thought leaders here from Boeing, NASA, Microsoft, Autodesk, JPL...