Posted from the US
Welcome '07! It's a new year and maybe I should blog a bit more than I have last year. I've been busy, but that's not a great excuse (not for someone whom Japanese television called a superblogger). It's actually quite embaressing. I'm the worst superblogger of all time :).
Some interesting things that recently caught my eye:
- Eason Jordan is back and has launched a new internet media business called "IraqSlogger". I guess he decided to join the blogging swarms that ended his time at CNN and become one of us. Odd. Even stranger, I read that Michelle Malkin is somehow part of this(?) and that he will be sending her to Iraq(?) Good luck Michelle (make sure to bring a flack jacket and plenty of ammo!)
- Hangin' with Hussein. I was actually a bit suprised to see how quickly they hung ole Saddam. I actually felt wierd about the whole thing. Is he really worse than the scumbags running Iraq now? What about the mess we made in Iraq? I'm sure he did many, many bad things in his day and I'm not nostalgic for him at all - but - is there really any moral victor in Iraq? I think I would have sent Saddam to some devil's island to be locked up for the rest of his miserable life, to ponder his wrongs. The people who hung him - how much blood is on their hands?
- James Brown, Ford, Hussein - what an interesting mix of people waiting in line for that ticket to heaven or hell.
- The Iraqi War. I have friends with close relatives in the war (either coming back or on their way). I support them, but hope that we pull the plug on this thing. Is this a war to die for? What are we doing over there now? Democracy over there is like a dress on a pig. Vietnam 2.0? Yes.
- Iran. Ok, let's say it. The guy running Iran right is a mighty scary, James Bond villian type psycho-lunatic. Except that we have no Bond, no 24 style superhero.
- Hilary as the next president? Hell no! I would rather update the Constitution and allow Bill to run again. I met him once and suggested this :). Obama? Maybe. Today I think all the new candidates suck. I'm at a peak of cynical thought.
- Global warming. Wake up - it's real. I'm in the Boston area on New Years Day and it is 50 degrees outside. What the f--k. No snow. Why can't the unified scientific community grow a pair and do something? Come on people.
Enough ranting - I hope that 2007 rocks and that we'll see only good things :).