Posted from the US
- Loïc Le Meur, a WEF attendee, blogger, and TypePad executive is blogging like a madman from the WEF - what happened to everyone else? BORING. It's like a bunch of googly high school kids -"Omigod - I just saw Angeline & Peter Gabriel!!!!".
- Saddam Hussein storms out of court, angry that his bowl of Spicy Guacamole Doritos was not refilled quicly enough - I wonder if the US troops who found him in his foxhole regret not just dropping a grenade in there (oops - we thought we were throwing him a canteen - sorry!)
- Hamas is more than willing to have a hunda or "bulls--t" cease fire with Israel for a few years, so long as Israel gives back land to pre-1967 borders. This sounds like a great deal - do you also have a camel to sell me? The Hamas leadership must think that with Sharon sick, that the rest of the Israeli government has their head in their arse. The real test will be if the US & EU sticks to their guns or not with Hamas and not dealing with terror groups. Coming soon to a theater near you: the French elect al-Qaeda to power - hey, in a democracy anything is possible.
- Do Palestinians & Israelis talk past each other? Probably - when a Palestinian is trying to bomb a bus filled with civillians and the Israeli is trying to shoot down a would-be suicide bomber, I'm sure that they both have plenty of time for engaging discussions.
- Will blogging for peace work? Maybe it should be bombing for pieces - that definitely works in terms of getting a piece. The reality of the festering wound that is the Middle East can really dash any hopes and ideas.
- I've got to say this for the Hamas - at least they are not snivelling around pretending to be what they are not. These guys are honest to goodness terrorists - the real deal. What the heck is George W. to do now when his ole' experiment for democracy in the desert churns up a vote for terrorism? The people have spoken and they want terrorists to lead the way. Now that the people have spoken, they don't have to worry about that pesky democracy anymore.
- A prediction - Hamas is going to try and go legit and gain some favor with the world. Give them a few months and their leaders will be hanging at the World Economic Forum with Kofi and the gang, doing karaoke at the bar. With Kofi, it's all good.
- Google & Hamas. Given Google's capitulation to Chinese censorship, perhaps they will announce a new Google.hms - basically it will censor all things Israel & infidel. In fact Google can soon offer Google filters that block out the realities of the world. Can you imagine: Google.rwp (Google for racist white people with no hint of other races), Google.rap (Google for the hip hop crew, no chump music), and Google.crpt (Google for US Congressmen - they can use PayPal to get instant bribes for their votes - ez lobbying).
- Google & World Domination - I really do love Google so much - but methinks that pretty soon they will overtake Microsoft as the most hated software company worldwide. Why? Because they stand for such good things and it will pain us all to watch money and politics and crap pollute and ruin such a great thing - but it probably will (and when it does the only thing to do will be to let Steve Jobs take over). Better idea - why not let Steve Jobs run the world? How about iMiddleEast, a smaller, more portable, cooler version of what is currently the world's nastiest truck stop. Steve would bring back some of that Zep III vibe, Kashmir, and maybe some of that good old Moses type miracle stuff. The current management and product lines really, really suck.
- Final thoughts - it's amazing what a blocked up toilet the world has become in just about the last 6 years. To fix this, we're going to need to climb the roof and use the industrial strength plumbing snake.